[plug] Incoming Telnet Priority

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Fri Nov 23 19:55:23 WST 2001

On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 04:25:35PM +0800, Mike Holland wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Nov 2001 craig at postnewspapers.com.au wrote:
>
> > Sure. edit /etc/xinetd.conf or /etc/inetd.conf if you still use it, and
> > add "nice -n -15" to the beginning of the command.
>
> I think thats a waste of time. The rougue process will already be 'niced'
> by the kernel, due to high usage. The real problem is swapping, and thats
> hopefully solved by limiting memory for the process.

OR setup a script to run form inetd upon connection to a particular port from
a specific host, then setup the script to do whatever you want automatically
(eg: killall mozilla-bin). That way you just "telnet mah_box mah_port" and the
script will automatically kill that baddy process.

Later,

Jason Nicholls