[plug] mgetty problems

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Wed Nov 28 10:51:08 WST 2001

G'day,

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 10:34:25AM +0800, Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima wrote:
> > LCP: timed out waiting sending Config-Requests

> I had similar issue when I did this.   The way I got arround it was to
> comment out the defaul line and add this one  ie:
> #/AutoPPP/ -    a_ppp   /usr/sbin/pppd auth -chap +pap login debug
> /AutoPPP/ -     -   /usr/sbin/pppd file /etc/ppp/options.autoppp
>
> Then my  /etc/ppp/options.autoppp
>
> # cat /etc/ppp/options.autoppp
> lock
> asyncmap 0

The line above is what fixes the problem but I'm not sure why, perhaps someone
can explain ;) Sometimes we used to come across this problem with linux users
connecting to our ISP. On RedHat the GUI ppp config tool had an
option "Escape Control Characters" which actually set the option "asyncmap
00000000" for pppd and this fixed it.

Later,

Jason Nicholls