[plug] open source streaming media players

Peter Wright pete at akira.apana.org.au
Fri Nov 30 10:33:53 WST 2001

On Fri, Nov 30, 2001 at 10:03:23AM +0800, Anthony Jones wrote:
> The best thing about Xine is that instead of watching your DVDs in crappy ol'
> high resolution graphics, you can watch them in Ascii-Art.

And damn it is fun, even if it is extremely silly. :)

A great thing to show off to friends: "See! Now _this_ is why Linux is
so cool!" :)

Oh, and you can of course watch just about any video file format using
aaxine (ascii-art xine), not just DVDs.

Pete.
--
http://akira.apana.org.au/~pete/

--
(letter from Mark to Mike, about the film's probale certificate)
      I would like to get back to the Censor and agree to lose the shits, take