[plug] rebooting

Craig Dyke grail at iinet.net.au
Wed Oct 3 21:27:30 WST 2001

Hi all

Not sure as to the cause but I have an unusual problem.
When I reboot my linux box or shutdown my Suse 7.1 installation
drops out to a console and the normal shutdown/reboot sequence
brings up a heap messages telling me what processes are being closed
and a 'Done' appears on the right of the screen as each one finishes.
This is a normal shutdown/reboot.

Sometimes though, instead of shutdown/reboot messages I am getting
the startup messages as though the machine is trying to start instead of

shuting down??

My question would be: a) Should I be worried about this?
                                   b) How do I stop it from happening?

Craig

System specs:    Athlon 1100
                         512MB RAM