[plug] Babbage (was: What was your first computer?)

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Mon Oct 22 14:18:05 WST 2001

Michael Hunt wrote:

>Technically speaking we may not learn how to write better C code by studying
>computer history, but we can learn maybe how to be better developers and
>think bigger and outside of  our current boxes.

*grin* if only software _designers_ and politicians would do that....

>The connection wouldn't have anything to do with the Power House museum
>owning Difference Engine No. 1 ???. (Link below)
>
>http://www.phm.gov.au/scripts/webdbs/opac.idc?id=295

Now, does anybody know if anyone got 'round to building the Analytical
Engine? There was talk of it a few times but I don't know if it ever got
built but I'd LOVE to see that :-)
Wonder if anyone still has Ada Lovelace's original "code" for it, too...