[plug] Konqueror crashes on startup?

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Mon Oct 22 16:06:14 WST 2001

Hi all,

I've recently started using Konqueror under my more GNOME-oriented setup
and found it is an excellent browser, being much faster than Mozilla or
Galeon etc.  This inspired me to possibly switch to KDE full-time.

So I've booted into KDE and everything looks great, however, when I
click on the icons for the file manager/Konqueror it starts to load and
then just stops with no error messages or anything.  If I just type
"konqueror" from a terminal it does nothing and if I type "kfmclient
openProfile webbrowsing" (apparently the command the icons are using to
execute the browser) then it starts to load and just exits without
providing any errors or messages at all.

If there are any KDE users who can possibly give me some ideas as to why
this might be happening then I would appreciate it.  I'm using 2.2.1
packages from Debian.

Regards,

Christian.

--
DSA 0x0EC1D28C: BBCB 0D79 4EBB 078A A066  7267 8BED E9D6 0EC1 D28C