[plug] mpg123 patch

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Mon Oct 29 13:17:14 WST 2001

G'day all

this patch is against mpg123 current cvs code..

to use with a static pitch shift, it is the same as current code..
You must lock your output rate with an -r 44100 or -r 48000,
or whatever you use, and select the pitch with --pitch x.xx
For example
mpg123 -r 44100 --pitch 1.05 /tracks/aaax0126.mp3

For on-the fly pitch shift, you need to use generic control mode,
this is default when you do a make-linux.

PITCH 1.00
or
V 1.00 for pitch change messages.

I have also make the PAUSE command reset the audio device, so it pauses
NOW, and added a paramater to the JUMP command that makes it reset the device
so you can use it for cueing and beat mixing..

Normal is JUMP +30 or JUMP -30 or JUMP 124
That is forward 30, back 30 or frame number 124.
By inserting an R.. ie JUMP R +30 or JUMP R 124 you can get there NOW.

I am using this now to emulate the NUMARK DJ cd desk I run with, and with
clever front end software, you can beat mix as easily as with the CD or
Vinyl..

http://www.wasp.net.au/~brad/patch.mpg123-bkc1.gz

I can't test this URL as the webserver is DOWN, but it should be there..

Oh yeah.. I forgot to remove the makefile change in this patch.. it compiles
as a static binary.. Just remove the -static define in the linux part of
the makefile..

Do a speed change comparison between the original mpg123s-mh4 and this one..
The difference is quite something, however it may use too much additional cpu
to run on a 486 :p)

--
Brad....
                   /"\