[plug] startx...

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Tue Sep 4 11:15:47 WST 2001

On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Christian Müller wrote:

> use 'X' (an upper case X, that should do it), or start kdm or gdm with the

I wouldnt do that! 'X' is a link to the X server - not much use without a
window manager etc.

The missing 'startx' is a wrapper script for xinit, so you could just run
that directly. See the xinit man page.

BTW, gnome seems to totally ignore my .xinitrc - where should I put
startup commands for X on gnome?
  I want to disable caps-lock, xset dpms, set xhost auth, load resources.

I'm running Mandrake with kdm. If I turn off the graphical login, whats
the correct way to start a gnome session from a console login?

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--