[plug] [meta] [3chillis] Netiquette discussion

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Wed Sep 26 13:09:03 WST 2001

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 01:01:31PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> Why can't I occasionally post something mildly off topic, but general
> interest, AND FLAG IT AS OFF TOPIC, without having you on my case? Are you
> the list moderator? Am I posting daily bulletins? Am I quoting the last
> seventeen messages' entire header set? Attaching images? What's your problem?

"Mildly off topic"???  You mean completely and utterly unrelated, don't
you?

Why can't you?  Well, I think the fact that it's something that's
controversial and that everyone's got an opinion about is a good start.
After all, everybody's an expert so that's bound to result in arguments
and pointless debate on a list that has not a damned thing to do with
the subject.  You may be posting just one message but it's a message
that people are going to reply to with more off-topic postings, each
more pointless and poorly informed than the last.  If we're going to
have irrational, emotive and poorly informed debate on this list, please
let it be about Linux.

--
DSA 0x0EC1D28C: BBCB 0D79 4EBB 078A A066  7267 8BED E9D6 0EC1 D28C