[plug] CTRL-ALT-DEL

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Wed Sep 26 13:37:24 WST 2001

> On Mon, 24 Sep 2001 12:31, Christian wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 11:32:10AM +0800, Mike Holland wrote:
> > > If its a CPU lockup, there is no recovery.
>
> > Do CPUs actually crash?

Speak of the devil! My first linux system hang in months.
I was playing a video with 'xmovie' and Xfree86 4.0 2D accel.
Was moving drop-down menus over the play area, which it didnt handle very
well (clipping the 2D accel area) then freeze!  Some kind of bus lockup, I
suppose. Time for the reset button. (Matrox G200, Intel 440BX)

--
Mike Holland  <myk at golden.wattle.id.au>
			--==--