[plug] Just got Plugged

Paul Wilson hooker at opera.iinet.net.au
Tue Apr 2 17:28:59 WST 2002

skribe wrote:
>On Tue,  2 Apr 2002 14:59, Mark Nold wrote:
>
>> Can we close this issue now?
>
>No I don't think we can.  At least not until we have a directive from the
>committee or a consensus from the list as a whole about what is acceptable
>language.  There are few among us that wish to impose their moral standards
>upon the majority and censor what is written here.  Clearly, this is an
issue
>that must be sorted out immediately or posters will forever be
>second-guessing about what word or phrase will deemed offensive by this,
>so-called, moral minority.

My personal opinion (somehow I almost feel that ought to be in caps) :

Nothing said in this discussion offended me, although the comments relating
unprofessionalism to language and pseudonyms came pretty close. I think some
people here should lighten up and perhaps make an effort not to be so easily
offended. There's language far worse than *anything* I've seen on this list
nightly on TV, daily at work and almost everywhere on Usenet

Like you skribe, I *do* have a problem with a self-elected moral majority
(which is usually neither a majority, nor particularly moral).

If the committee issues and edict, fine; if we must show hands, then lets do
it.  Anything to move on.

Regards,

The Hooker
(anyone offended by this username?)