[plug] Re: PLUG listing to port?

Mark Dixon mdixon at ecel.uwa.edu.au
Wed Apr 3 19:19:38 WST 2002

> ... (it was actually a fragment of a LISP interpreter, but PHB never
> discovered this) and then (when a particularly long debugging session proved
> frustratingly ineffective) LABIA.C ...

Some people do seem to get upset when an English word with an Anglo-Saxon origin is used but not
when the Latin or Greek equivalent is used.  I dare not give an example except to suggest that
readers consider this difference in light of one of the .C programs Leon mentioned.  Perhaps this is
because those on high horses don't know enough Latin & Greek to be offended.  Nevertheless, I think
this denigration of the Anglo-Saxon origin of our language is Racist and should not be tolerated!

With tongue somewhat in cheek.  ... Mark Dixon.