[plug] Problems getting SVCD movie to play

Richard wpickett at iprimus.com.au
Thu Apr 18 19:30:08 WST 2002

A friend has loaned me a movie in SVCD format spread across 4 CD's and I
was just wondering if anyone had any tips or ideas on what
application(s) can read this file format (xmovie was a little lost :),
and if not is there any way (utility) that could convert SVCD files into
another, more readily readable, format? Also, I was told that the
playstation2 (the only DVD player we have in the house) should be able
to read SVCD, but it doesn't seem to be able to. Is there a format I
could convert the SVCD to that would allow the PS2 to play it (the PS2
site has no specific info on supported formats at all, beyond saying
it's a DVD/CD in one). Any hints as to sites that may contain more info
on the formats involved would also be appreciated. Thanks.
Richard