[plug] pine and pop

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Aug 1 13:04:06 WST 2002

> I thought about using fetchmail but it wants sendmail or equivalent which is
> overkill and difficult for him to setup for extra pop accounts.
You'll need an MTA anyway, since many mailers on UNIX (esp console-based
ones) don't support SMTP delivery to remote hosts. I seem to remember
that pine is one of them - I know mutt is, anyway.

> Arent there any pop modules for pine?
Not AFAIK, but mutt has good support for POP3 and IMAP, you might want
to consider
setting him up with that insead - though changing the editor from vi to
pico might
be wise for him...

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)