[plug] The Debian Experience

Simon Scott sscott at iinet.net.au
Fri Aug 2 13:45:36 WST 2002

On Friday 02 August 2002 1:22 pm, proXy wrote:
> I wouldn't go around saying this. Although apt is cool, and debian
> offers some nice features, it is STILL a homophilliac, and as a result I
> am never going to actually like it, only use it.

I dont even use it anymore.

After working in IT for a while, you learn that quite often you *have* to
make some sacrifices and compromises to get the job done.  If you dont like
it, stay at home.

The only semi-official standards base has declared RPM to be the 'linux
standard'. Debian will never switch, declaring that apt is better. Everyone
here knows that it is, but bad luck. I think standards compliance is more
important than technological grandstanding. Therefore, in my book, Debian
lost.