[plug] OK, those of you with fat pipes...

Nick Bannon nick at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Tue Aug 6 12:33:01 WST 2002

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 02:29:13PM +0800, Trevor Phillips wrote:
> On that topic, does anyone know if there's such a thing as a 700Mb CD-RW? I
> much prefer sticking distros on RW's; especially if I plan to hack &
> customise them.
[...]

Yes, they exist. In fact, it's starting to be hard to find decent
prices for anything else. ::-) I've bought a couple of cheap ones from
Harvey Norman, and http://www.ple.com.au/ advertises them. Many of them
only like being written to at 4x speed, though - 10x ones seem to cost
extra.

BTW - thanks to 3fl.net , there's currently a PARNet Knoppix copy:

ftp://ftp.ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au/knoppix/

Nick.

--
     Nick Bannon      | "I made this letter longer than usual because
  nick-sig at rcpt.to    | I lack the time to make it shorter." - Pascal