[plug] Boot

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Thu Aug 8 17:27:13 WST 2002

> So you should be able to link a K??name script in every runlevel and have
> update-rc.d never touch the links for that program again.  update-rc.d is
> used by the post-install scripts, so all should be good.

Sounds good. Its a bit ugly to have to have K??<pkgname> links in the
dirs and produces verbose "what! its not running?!?" messages on rl
change / shutdown but it should work.

I wonder if putting in N??<pkgname> or something might fool it though...
experimentation and man page attacking required. will comment later.

--
Craig Ringer
	-- if it ain't broke, add features 'till it is. (or:)