[plug] Intenet banking and Linux browsers

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Wed Aug 14 15:13:56 WST 2002

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 01:54:09PM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> I was referring to information given to me by the "only person in the
> ANZ", to whom my query was referred, as to why, from the start of this
> month, I could no longer access the facility using Netscape.

Which version of Netscape are you using, does it have 128-bit
encryption, and are you going through a proxy (normal, SSL or socks)?

You can test the SSL layer of Netscape by going to:

https://www.fortify.net/sslcheck.html

When you say you can "no longer access the facility", what do you mean?

Do you get a crash?
Do you get error messages?
Do you get fluffy bunny rabbits?

> That was the official information from the "tech support" person, as the
> "only person in the ANZ who could deal with the query", to whom I was
> referred by the office of the national mamger, customer liaison, anz
> blank.

Did you take a look at:

http://www.anz.com/inetbank/TSQuest4.asp

It may be a little out of date, but it seems to state that Netscape 4.7x
is fine under Windows.  It may be that Netscape/Linux's Javascript
engine is falling over (it always was cruddy), in which case it's not
ANZ's fault.

Of course, just because they don't officially support other
configurations isn't to say they won't work.

> Similarly, when I later complained to the office of the national manager,
> customer liaison at the blank, that the policy was restrictive trading,
> and that I was considering making a complaint of restrictive trading
> practice to the ACCC, the person to whom I was speaking, had not heard of
> the ACCC.

I'm sure the ACCC will just tell you to install Mozilla  :)

--
 Leon Blackwell                | Millions long for immortality who do
 http://www.lostrealm.com/     | not know what to do with themselves on