[plug] Argh! debian/smrsh/minimalist not playing nice :(.

bob bob at fots.org.au
Thu Aug 15 17:10:42 WST 2002

Attempts to use any list manager with a debian+sendmail setup is being
frustrated by smrsh not accepting new services. Everything I've read
about the subject says in essence to just copy/symlink the bin to
/usr/lib/sm.bin and away you go (well not _all_ but anything written
with debian in mind :). At the moment I'm trying minimalist but I've had
the same results with mailman, sympa etc etc.

I've about run out of ideas to try to get this going... anyone able to
give me a hint as to what I've missed?

test posts bounce with...

The original message was received at Thu, 15 Aug 2002 16:41:09 +0800
from fegs [192.168..]

|/usr/lib/sm.bin/minimalist test
    (reason: Service unavailable)
    (expanded from: <test at fots.org.au>)

smrsh: minimalist.test not available for sendmail programs
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

Reporting-MTA: dns; fatso
Received-From-MTA: DNS; fegs
Arrival-Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 16:41:09 +0800

Final-Recipient: RFC822; test at fots.org.au
Diagnostic-Code: X-Unix; 69
Last-Attempt-Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 16:41:10 +0800

--
bob
Cave canem...te necet lingendo.