[plug] Apache transfer logging

Colin Muller colin at twobluedots.com.au
Mon Aug 19 11:15:24 WST 2002

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 10:28:53AM +0800, Adrian Woodley wrote:
> G'Day all,
>     This is directed at all the Apache warriors out there :) How can I generate
> a monthly report about the amount of transfers for each subdomain every month.

analog will process your logs while you pour your coffee if you don't
ask it to do reverse lookups for hostnames. It'll do any kind of
summary you want: by hits, page views, total GB/MB/Whatever; andof
course more detailed ones if you want that as well. Its author claims
it processes "28 million logfile lines in 20 minutes on a 266MHz chip:
that's 1GB of data every five and a half minutes." Or 23,333 lines per
second. It does about 77,000 lines per second for me on a dual
PIII/700 which is doing other work at the same time.

http://www.analog.cx/

Colin