[plug] Poll regarding attachments

wayne hatari at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 20 23:56:25 WST 2002

> PLEASE SEND ALL REPLIES TO ME AND ME ONLY (unless you really want to
> keep this on the list. but people might kill you....)

I'm sure you aren't threatening anything here; I'm sure it is just a fit of
outrageous humour.
Right, Bernard?

> Ohh now it makes sense! Now I know why you're picking on me and
> JamesB so much.

Wrong, Bernard.  I don't "pick on people" - especially not in public.  (;o^)

> We don't write our messages and then forward them as
> attachments. They're just signed.

Can't understand why in a club.

> Your Outlook Express is too broken to read a standard RFC
> compliant message properly

Perhaps this technical problem you talk about can be explained instead of
being "thrown" at me.  I'm all ears....

> so don't flame us for that - especially on a Linux focused list.

For a "Linux-focused" list there is a lot of discussion about Winbloze and
Bill.
I have come to see this "mailing list" as a forum for technical discussion,
ideas, humour,
abuse of $M etc., not always Linux-focused at all.

> Anyway, then Bret said lets make a poll:
> <snip>
> And everybody just replied to the list!? It would've been far more
> sensible to ask Colin to put up a poll on the PLUG site, than invite
> another 20 messages into the thread.

I want to hear all the proper arguments for using attachments, not just
"rah, rah, rah; no change".

Kind Regards,
wayne.