Fw: [plug][protocol] no attachments please

proXy davyd at iprimus.com.au
Fri Aug 23 16:55:19 WST 2002

On Thu, 2002-08-22 at 23:56, Russ Pitman wrote:

> > "Poll regarding attachments on mailing list
> >
> > (x) Option 1 Strip all attachments
> > (x) Option 2 Strip all attachments that are not signatures
> > (x) Option 3 Reject all messages that include attachments
> > (x) Option 4 Make no change

I haven't been following the thread, but this one caught my eye.

Option 1 or 2 are acceptable as long as they are stripped away cleanly.
Option 3 is unacceptable unless it only rejects non-signature type
attachments.

I sign my mail for a reason, there are more then a few people out there
who don't like me and as a result have tried to impersonate me in the
past. My mail comes from a multitude of different locations depending on
physical location and access to the big blue room, making cryptographic
signing the only way to prove my identity.

Just my 2c

--X

--
http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/
linux.conf.au Perth 2003 <http://www.linux.conf.au>

PGP Fingerprint <http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/pgp>
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA