[plug] rsync send_files error

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Fri Aug 23 20:29:30 WST 2002

> I'm trying to take my pre-stable woody to stable woody (Debian 3.0). I've looked
> veeeeery carefully at the exclude list and I _think_ it's going to end up
> grabbing potato (it's still there in non-pool form and now called oldstable),
> woody, sarge, and sid, This could be interesting. The mirror is getting fuller
> by the minute. Uh oh :)

I'll be seeing you tomorrow and I'll give you a 7CD set of woody then if
you want. (Do you want the ISOs or actual  CDs?) I used them to create
an apt-move style local mirror, but it doesn't create a package pool
structure suitable for rsync updates. Anybody know how to create a
properly structured mirror from a collection of packages as built by
apt-move, or a single dir of all packages in a release?

> Praps I should ask .. is it possible to use the ftp at poledra to do an equiv.
> to a local drive "du" to see how much space the mirror occupies ?

Not AFAIK unless you have ssh access or some other way of obtaining a shell.

> Speculating on my original question above, is it likely the missing files are
> simply because sid and sarge are being fetched and that they have missing
> package "issues" ?

Or the mirror is being updated while you download, so some files have
been removed between listing and download. I've had it happen with
iiNet's mirror.