[plug] [OT} criminal defamation

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Tue Aug 27 11:25:04 WST 2002

This is on list because the same 2c worth apply to anyone else here in the
same situation.

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:38, Bret Busby wrote:
>> We are not a vigilante group, if you have legal
>> issue take it to the courts - that's why we have them.

> So, as the chairman of the SLPWA, you would allow criminal defamation to
> be a practice in the SLPWA, as the SLPWA is "not a vigilante group"?

So far, `criminal defamation' has not been proved. This means that both Tony
and Brian (so far) have room for a reasonable claim of slander unless you
*can* prove criminal defamation.

When you feel yourself getting that angry, please do two things for me:

  1. Go for a ten-minute walk, and think about other, more pleasant things
     during it.

  2. Send your complaint to the individual concerned and to the listmaster
     ONLY. If you're claiming something as offensive as criminal defamation,
     it would probably help both individuals and go a long way toward
     resolution if you quoted both sides of the offending text in context.

  3. If you can't accomplish at least one of the above, please seriously
     consider doing an anger management course.

Cheers; Leon