[plug] RH7.x

Patrick Tehvand patrick at perthix.net
Tue Aug 27 11:21:56 WST 2002

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:38, Bret Busby wrote:
> So, as the chairman of the SLPWA, you would allow criminal defamation to
> be a practice in the SLPWA, as the SLPWA is "not a vigilante group"?
>
> So much for standards, and, so much for the reputation of Linux, and, of
> the SLPWA, and of the PLUG.
>
> Oh, and, regarding  the "take it to the courts", perhaps, Jeremy could
> advise you, as to roughly how much it would cost to get such an action
> up, and, why member so the general public, therefore, do not launch such
> actions, as they are prohibitively expensive.
>
> That is one reason why mailing lists generally impose some standards on
> acceptable conduct (and, as otherwise publishers of the defamations, to
> protect themselves againmst litigation).

Bret,

I fail to see how Brian's position in SLPWA is relevent to this discussion on
the plug list? I think if it were an issue being discussed on the SLPWA
discussion list then Brian would step in and ask for it to either be
discussed in another forum or solved at a committee or general meeting.

My personal opinion is that this sort of off topic subject should be delt with
privately.

I think the only reputation being hurt by all this being aired in the open
forum is your own.

Patrick