[plug] linmag meeting points

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 17 10:39:46 WST 2002

G'day all!

I don't seem to have received any emails from the linmag list, and one of
the things I've been meaning to get done for a while was get the points we
discussed onto the discussion board ASAP, but I can't get there today....

Anyway, here's What we came up with for ye pluggers (courtesy of Kim and
recenty recovered by moi):

Notes taken from the discussion Sat 6th Dec, regards
.au Linux mag.

Attendees:

John Knight
(dissection_) sorry you didnt put your name down..tut tut :)
Anne Busby
Bret Busby
Indranath Neogy
Kim Shelt

Content Ideas:

Advertising - community user groups (eg other LUG's)
     - sell/swap meets
     - lan parties etc
     - job board
     - calendar

Tech pages  - H/ware, S/ware, Networking
Reviews     - apps, games (including HOWTO)
FAQ/Q&A	    - readers questions, requests, opinions
       (Begginer/Intermediate/HighEnd)
Interviews  - (eg LinuxConf presenters/guests)
Polls	    - (eg Distro usage/comparison)
News	    - Latest take up of *NIX by corporate/companies etc

TODO:
(Short-term)
Creat mailing list
Find the following people ASAP.
Webmaster/mistress
Point contact person
Editor (content reviewer overall organiser)
Content contributors (copy)

Research what is already available locally
Advertise in already existing online groups sites (search engines)
Contact people in other LUG's, Uni groups etc
Contact conference organisers/speakers
Find hosting site (should be LUG connected)
Create small "hardcopy" blurb for distibution at Conf stating
aims of the group, contact info and inviting interest.
Gather enough content for first 3 months/issues

Discussion points:
Decide what "kind" of organisation (non profit-Inc etc)
Register business name & domain
Decide frequency of publishing (first issue)
---

Kim

Make lunch, not war.