[plug] forwarding X11 - KDM

Sol sol at autonomon.net
Wed Dec 18 12:18:02 WST 2002

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:49 pm, Shayne O'Neill wrote:
> Are you doing this at a GDM level or at the login term then running kde
> level?

Ummm. Don't know. KDM and KDE3 are working fine on the monitor plugged into
the server, and there is a blank X display on the terminals with a mouse
pointer, but no kdm login manager. There's a configuration setting somewhere
that allows this, I just can't remember where it is.

I've tried doing more reading on this (there's no kdm manpage, and the README
was brief) and I may be confused about how this works. Are the remote
displays a function of xdm? Xdm isn't installed on this server. Perhaps
that's the problem?

regards,
sol