[plug] forwarding X11 - KDM

Scott Middleton scott at linuxit.com.au
Wed Dec 18 13:33:04 WST 2002

In Debian edit
/etc/kde2/kdm/Xaccess
Several configurations possible but if it is a safe environment
just put a * on its own down the bottom.
you might also want to edit the /etc/kde2/kdm/kdmrc so users can't
shutdown the system and the like.

Those files have pretty good explanations in them so that should get you
started. or you can look at www.ltsp.org

On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 12:18, Sol wrote:
    On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 09:49 pm, Shayne O'Neill wrote:
    > Are you doing this at a GDM level or at the login term then running kde
    > level?

    Ummm. Don't know. KDM and KDE3 are working fine on the monitor plugged into
    the server, and there is a blank X display on the terminals with a mouse
    pointer, but no kdm login manager. There's a configuration setting somewhere
    that allows this, I just can't remember where it is.

    I've tried doing more reading on this (there's no kdm manpage, and the README
    was brief) and I may be confused about how this works. Are the remote
    displays a function of xdm? Xdm isn't installed on this server. Perhaps
    that's the problem?

    regards,
    sol

--
Scott Middleton
Member Society of Linux Professionals (WA)
scott at linuxit.com.au
ph  (08) 9331 8051
fax (08) 6210 1712

Stop being a Microserf and join the revolution of the Penguin.