[plug] phpPgAdmin v2.4.2 users? config error??

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Wed Dec 18 14:05:30 WST 2002

On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 13:56, Denis Brown wrote:
> "current diretory" is happy to be used for the include case but not for
> the testing case.

Remember that the "current directory" is *not* the directory in which
the file sits, but the directory in which the executable script is
running from - generally the same as that referred to by the URL.

> Maybe what's happening is the "include path" to which you refer is getting
> the guernsey and allowing the includes to work.   So I'll have to learn
> why the current directory is not being set correctly.   Apache's htdocs
> directory contains a symlink to the /sandpit/phppgadmin... area.  Maybe it
> needs a hard link instead?

No hard links exist in my web structure anywhere and I can confirm that
I've got some really weird links lying around.

While running the risk of blowing you out of the water, are you
attempting to only include a file if it exists, since you can do this:

@include('this file does not exist') ;

Which tries to include, fails and suppresses the warning...

> Anyway thanks for prompting me to look a bit further afield.

Pleasure

--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..

ITmaze   -   ABN: 56 178 057 063   -  ph: 04 1219 8888   -
onno at itmaze.com.au