[plug] phpPgAdmin v2.4.2 users? config error??

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Wed Dec 18 13:07:46 WST 2002

At the risk of replying to my own post...

The file_exists php function appears to need an absolute file reference
for its argument.  For example if the phpPgAdmin code is in
    /sandpit/phppgadmin/phpPgAdmin
then the statement
   if (file_exists("/sandpit/phppgadmin/phpPgAdmin/config.inc.php")
will work a treat.

But to include the file, which was the object of testing for its existence
in the first place, all you need to specify is the relative reference
    include("config.inc.php");

Go figure.  Anyone else come across this sort of thing with php?   The php
manual does not call for an absolute ref.  Am I doing something bleedingly
obvious, wrong???   An overall php configuration switch perhaps?

Cheers,
Denis