[plug] phpPgAdmin v2.4.2 users? config error??

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Wed Dec 18 13:38:52 WST 2002

On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 13:07, Denis Brown wrote:
> At the risk of replying to my own post...
>
> The file_exists php function appears to need an absolute file reference
> for its argument.  For example if the phpPgAdmin code is in
>     /sandpit/phppgadmin/phpPgAdmin
> then the statement
>    if (file_exists("/sandpit/phppgadmin/phpPgAdmin/config.inc.php")
> will work a treat.
>
> But to include the file, which was the object of testing for its existence
> in the first place, all you need to specify is the relative reference
>     include("config.inc.php");

When you use file_exists, it will look in the current directory if you
don't supply a path name, or the absolute file reference if that is
supplied. It only supports local files.

Similarly, include will look in the current directory if you don't
supply a path name, or the absolute file reference if that is supplied.
Include supports remote files.

In addition, include will look in the include path.

Does this help?

--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..

ITmaze   -   ABN: 56 178 057 063   -  ph: 04 1219 8888   -
onno at itmaze.com.au