[plug] phpPgAdmin v2.4.2 users? config error??

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Wed Dec 18 13:56:44 WST 2002

On 18 Dec 2002, Onno Benschop wrote:

> On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 13:07, Denis Brown wrote:
> > At the risk of replying to my own post...
> >
> > The file_exists php function appears to need an absolute file reference

    snip

> > But to include the file, which was the object of testing for its existence
> > in the first place, all you need to specify is the relative referenc
>
> When you use file_exists, it will look in the current directory if you
> don't supply a path name, or the absolute file reference if that is
> supplied. It only supports local files.
>
> Similarly, include will look in the current directory if you don't
> supply a path name, or the absolute file reference if that is supplied.
> Include supports remote files.
>
> In addition, include will look in the include path.
>
> Does this help?

Yes, thanks, to the extent that that is what I *thought* should be
happening.   And yet when I run a test on it using just the bare minimum
code it continues to exhibit the effect I describe.  In other words the
"current diretory" is happy to be used for the include case but not for
the testing case.

Maybe what's happening is the "include path" to which you refer is getting
the guernsey and allowing the includes to work.   So I'll have to learn
why the current directory is not being set correctly.   Apache's htdocs
directory contains a symlink to the /sandpit/phppgadmin... area.  Maybe it
needs a hard link instead?

Anyway thanks for prompting me to look a bit further afield.

Cheers,
Denis