[plug] Older PCs can't handle broadband

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Sun Dec 29 23:27:06 WST 2002

On Sun, 29 Dec 2002 23:15:43 +0800, Arie Hol wrote:

| As regards your comment :
| >  Anyway, older PCs dont have USB ports :-)
|
| Older PC's may not have USB ports, but what about people who have
| installed USB interface cards to add USB capability to their systems ?

They don't suffer from the problem in question (-:  The article mentioned
that it's a problem with some Via chipset motherboards.  From what I've read
elsewhere, it sounds like it affects a lot of Athlon/Duron motherboards
(including mine) and not necessarily only what you'd consider "older"
machines: my motherboard, for instance, claims to support 500MHz--2GHz CPUs.

No matter which way you look at it, the title of the article is misleading,
though.

--CP.