[plug] Fwd: Linux in libraries

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Fri Feb 1 14:22:20 WST 2002

FWIW, here's my suggestions:

> Q.  What version of linux?
A. - The latest release from each of the major distributions

> Q.  What format is it in? (eg. CD-ROM, CD-ROM + book, etc.)
A.  - Burnt CD

> Q.  What will it cost?
A.  - Either nothing or the cost of the CDs.  In other words minimal.

> Q.  Can you (read PLUG) arrange supply or do we need to do that ourselves?
A.  - Depending on how many are required/ordered we should be able to do it
ourselves.  If they want hundreds of each then they may be better suited to
churn them out.

> Q.  Are there any licensing issues to worry about?
A. No.

> Q.  Does it fall within the realm of an 'information resource', which is =
> what libraries are about?
A. Most definitely.

> Q.  Do you see us loaning it out or having a supply to sell/give away?
A.  - LISWA's choice.  I would suggest loaning them initially.  Because
copying them is so easy they may wish to give them away once they've
established how to do that.

skribe
--
Public key information available at: