[plug] traffic requirements for woody mirror

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Fri Feb 1 16:45:21 WST 2002

Thanks to all for the recent messages in this thread, there's some good
info in there.

Unfortunately, if the estimate of 70MB/day for woody update traffic is
even close, I will have a very hard time justifying hosting a mirror at
work.  We currently mirror redhat and mandrake updates from aarnet,
which would only have a tiny part of that traffic over a length of time.
The approach is that we buy CDs of new releases when required, and use a
tiny bit of bandwidth for the updates.  Debian doesn't fit that model
very well.

Oh well, thanks anyway.

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
God instructs the heart, not by ideas, but by pains and contradictions.
		-- De Caussade