[plug] Fwd: Autoreply from Sausage Software

Peter Wright pete at akira.apana.org.au
Sun Feb 3 14:37:57 WST 2002

On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 09:10:45PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
[ ... ]
> SUMMARY: Your OS poll only shows Mac or Linux as alternatives to Windows.
>
> If you port Sausage using a common GUI kit like GTK or Qt, it would
> almost be hard to not make Sausage also run on FreeBSD/OpenBSD/NetBSD,
> QNX, Solaris, BeOS, HP-UX et al, all of which Run X11. Mac OS/X would not
> be a long reach from there.

I was under the impression from many many years back (okay, about six) when
I first heard about HotDog, that it was originally whipped up in a weekend
by one guy using Visual Basic.

I guess the toolkits such as you mention, Leon, would probably not be much
use unless they had actually converted over to C++ (or at the very least
C) for the majority of the program.

Oh, and I was under the impression that current Qt fully supports OSX, so I
think it should not only be not a long reach, but a very short reach.
And of course wxWindows/C++ supports Mac OSX and Mac "Classic" as well. :)

Oh, and you might have been pushing it _just_ a bit mentioning QNX and
BeOS[0]... you're beginning to sounds like one of those Rabid-Cross-
Platform-Weirdos! *coughs* Ahem. ;-))

[ ... ]
> Labour-saving, flexible, earns you brownie points, and no licencing
> costs. How could you say no? (-:

<response type="PR-hack">Brownie points? Is that some sort of money that I
haven't heard of?</response>

Pete.

[0] And you forgot AtheOS! *grin*
--
http://akira.apana.org.au/~pete/
It isn't easy being the parent of a six-year-old.  However, it's a pretty small