[plug] HotDog

Anthony Jones ajones at clear.net.nz
Tue Feb 5 21:30:44 WST 2002

On Sunday 03 February 2002 18:21, Bill Kenworthy wrote:
> Also have a look at bluefish for html - similar to quanta I think, but
> better (or at least I am more comfortable using it!).  I use glimmer
> when I can for most coding (perl/awk/c/c++/scripts etc), (g)vim for
> quick/simple stuff but find I usually end up in bluefish once the html
> gets complicated.  I often start with a staroffice or (shudder)
> frontpage created template for a basic layout and then edit it into what
> I want.
>
> BillK

Strange choices people make. I use vim for everything except web authoring. I
now use screen (as recommended by James) to avoid having to use X when I'm
programming. I have it on good authority that JEdit (written in Java) is the
best GUI editor - my brother changed from vim to JEdit and has never looked
back.

I do web authoring with Mozilla Composer. It's pretty good because you can
flip between "composer", "tag editor" and "browser preview" really easy. I
use the gimp for images - as you guys probably already know it's pretty fab.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<rant title="danger - free software nut">
I suggest that Mark should consider the mass of extremely good GPL (or other
free software) rather than fuelling the evil fires of closed source
development.
</rant>

Anthony