[plug] Web Server Specs

Chris@Home choypoy at bigpond.net.au
Mon Feb 11 14:35:42 WST 2002

G'day.
        Just thought I'd give this one a whirl :)

1) RAM. RAM. More RAM

2) Depending on how many users you have, and what kind of "traffic" or
processing is going to be done would indicate the need for RAID. RAID-1 is
*always* a good idea, imho. Cant beat that as a *secondary* backup, and the
improved read rates are nice as well.

3) RAM is cheap.

4) I have no idea on the performance of 2 vs. 1 webservers. I've only ever
set up single webservers. I'd go again with the philosophy of the number of
users you are expecting.
Pretty much any new processor you buy nowadays is going to be overkill,
imho.

well, thats my 2c on the things I feel I can answer well enough anyway :)

Chris