[plug] Need your help for LCA 2003, CDs

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Tue Feb 12 09:43:49 WST 2002

For those not on the conference list, PLUG is definitely doing Linux
Conference Australia in 2003. This means that you should be joining the conf
list and offering your services now, becuase we've got a truckload of stuff
that needs to be started *now*.

It also means that you should be asking friends along to the meetings etc and
generally working your beehives off to accumulate more members, because we're
also going to need scores more bodies behind the scenes than we have.
Starting yesterday. While this is part of The Grand Ephemeral Plan, it
actually has to happen, which is one place you can help (and benefit).

Now would also be a good time to identify people who would benefit from
exposure at the conference (ie sponsors) and the like, and if you have any
interesting projects afoot, consider polishing them up for a presentation.
For example, Computer Angels might like a slot to explain how and why they
use Linux, and to demo it running on really obsolete and/or obscure machines.

On a completely different note, if you have any coasters (ie dead or obselete
CDs - in any condition) please consider bringing them along to tonight's
meeting for a special project that I have in mind.

Cheers; Leon