[plug] Sound card dramas

craig at postnewspapers.com.au craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Feb 13 18:40:20 WST 2002

You might also want to try going into the BIOS, picking a specific IRQ
and assigning it to the PCI slot the Live is in, then telling the PNP
resource management section that that IRQ is unavailable for PnP because
its been allocated "manually/isa/legcy" or whatever your bios calls it.

I had problems with my SB Live until I managed to force the BIOS to
allocate it an IRQ all to itsself, it doesn't seem to correctly do IRQ
sharing as per the PCI spec.

Also be sure to disable your onboard sound hardware in BIOS.

--
Craig Ringer                                       IT Manager, POST Newspapers
http://www.postnewspapers.com.au/           http://oberthur.dyndns.org/~craig/