[plug] vmware and such

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Wed Feb 20 09:55:49 WST 2002

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Andrew Pamment wrote:

> is it possible to get vmware for linux or something that emulates a PPC

Andrew,
sorry, vmware does NOT do emulation of any computer. It only does
virtualisation of the x86 processor. I think the difference was explained
recently on this list.

But there do seem to be PPC emulators:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=linux+PPC-emulator

--
  "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings.
   And folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And