[plug] SCSI emulation

Ryan ryan at slowest.net
Sun Feb 24 22:15:23 WST 2002

>Seeing as I thought that this would be a relatively easy problem to solve
>I thought that I would ask the question: what have I got to do to get my
>machine to recognise my IDE cdrom and cdr as SCSI? Don't I just have to
>edit /etc/fstab so that it's no longer /dev/cdrom but /dev/scd0 ? Or have
>I got everything wrong?

I compiled it as a module in the kernel as well as ide-cd as a module,
unloaded the ide-cd module loaded the ide-scsi one and xcdroast found the
drive.  Didn't touch fstab.  One problem however is that I can't read
anything on the drive, none of the SCSI devices recognise it as a block
device :(  I haven't had a major look into this problem, I've given up for
the time being and am happy just writing CDs.

Ryan