[plug] /etc/resolv.conf drama

Ryan ryan at slowest.net
Sun Feb 24 22:26:00 WST 2002

>which is all well and good. Internet works fine through the firewall (using
>dclient). Then, after what seems a random time, the internet stop working,
>and sure enough the /etc/resolv.conf file  contents are :

You on a dialup?  If so your dialup scripts might be changing it, mine used
to do that and not instantly either, they did it when they felt like it.  I
haven't used a dialup for years, but it is all tucked away in /etc/ppp
somewhere ...  pppconfig will guide you to it in the advanced
options.  Also there might be some stray 'up' lines in
/etc/network/interfaces for the ppp0 interface (less likely).

HTH

Ryan