[plug] PLUG Logo (alternate suggestion for colours)

Colin Muller colin at twobluedots.com.au
Tue Jan 8 19:18:07 WST 2002

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 06:11:09PM +0800, skribe wrote:
> Yeah, we were considering something like that, but we also wanted to
> keep the logo as simple as possible.  We can do various versions as
> necessary.

+1 on "simple". For what it's worth, an advertising whizz once advised
me that logos should ideally be designed to render recognisably at 5mm
high in print. A rule of thumb, of course, but it's the sort of advice
that's worth keeping in mind - like the requirement someone mentioned
in the leaflet thread for things to photocopy recognisably (and that
in black and white, with no shades of grey). Apple, IBM, Coke, Ford,
Nike, all pass these tests, as does the basic Linux penguin: even if
some elements - like the Apple rainbow colours - get lost in the
process, the logo remains distinctively recognisable. On the other
hand, I don't even know what M$'s logo is, and they seem to be doing
okay ...

Colin