[plug] Plug membership drive?

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Thu Jan 10 17:16:37 WST 2002

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, bob wrote:

> A request is made for information on obtaining a membership and the only
> forthcoming is "via mail we have a POBox" with no pointers to where that PO
> Box might be.

Please accept my apploogies.  My logic was faulty.  This is NOT supposed to
sound like a flame but it may it honnestly is not meant that way.

There is a link on the memberships page that says:
<snip>
"How: Come to one of the meetings or contact The Treasurer."
Where "The Treasurer" is a mailto to me.

I would have expected people to mail me if they have any queries.  About the
membership process.  In fact that's exactly what has heppend for the 2 Broome
members and 1 Kalgoorlie (sp?) member.

I replied to the list with "via mail we have a POBox" because I honnestly
didn't see Bens's email as a request to join.  I read it as  more of an
informational "what would I do if I live in ......".

I don't make the PObox address available on the web (eith PLUG homepage ot
mailinglist) because I really don't want to deal with the spam.

> Way to generate interest in joining guys!

We're fallable, especially as I was up 'till 02:00 this morning working
on PLUG stuff (and I wasn't alone there were 4 of us).  That'd be why I
emailed you the membership form and POBox address not Ben.

Ben, I'm not asking you to take sides, did I misread you're post ???

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein
 */