[plug] Plug membership drive?

bob bob at contact.omen.com.au
Thu Jan 10 17:38:18 WST 2002

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 17:16, Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, bob wrote:
> > A request is made for information on obtaining a membership and the only
> > forthcoming is "via mail we have a POBox" with no pointers to where that
> > PO Box might be.
>
> Please accept my apploogies.  My logic was faulty.  This is NOT supposed to
> sound like a flame but it may it honnestly is not meant that way.

> There is a link on the memberships page that says:

<snip>

> I replied to the list with "via mail we have a POBox" because I honnestly
> didn't see Bens's email as a request to join.  I read it as  more of an
> informational "what would I do if I live in ......".

My apologies too. I can see where you were coming from with what you have
posted now.

> I don't make the PObox address available on the web (eith PLUG homepage ot
> mailinglist) because I really don't want to deal with the spam.

I did not find that part clear though. Perhaps mentioning something along the
lines of " to a PO Box address which I can provide by email" would have been
a little more ... erm... less inflaming :).

> > Way to generate interest in joining guys!
>
> We're fallable, especially as I was up 'till 02:00 this morning working
> on PLUG stuff (and I wasn't alone there were 4 of us).  That'd be why I
> emailed you the membership form and POBox address not Ben.

Ok. ( Doh! now I feel like I'm being hyper sensitive :()

> Ben, I'm not asking you to take sides, did I misread you're post ???
>
> Yours Tony.

Thanks for the explanation.

Ok, cheque's in the mail.

--
bob
fingerprint = BBC8 A0BD 10DF CBF6 08C9  86AE 4672 2095 D705 90E9