[plug] T-Shirts and PLUGgers tasks was: Plug membership drive?

Jacqueline McNally jacqueline at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Thu Jan 10 19:47:03 WST 2002

On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, skribe wrote wrt membership cards:
>Once we finalise a logo I'd also like to see t-shirts.  Sure, it will
>bring in some dosh to the club, but it will also mean I have something
>that says, "PLUGger and proud of it." YMMV.

[jacqueline] I have had some recent experience wrt T-shirts for another
organisation and I can honestly say - not again :-P Hurdles: MOQ (financial
commitment), sizes, agreeing on a style, agreeing on the artwork. If I was
going to do this again I would look at places like:
http://www.cafepress.com/ or find some place around town where you can take
your artwork in and get it put on any sort of garment you like. I know that
my step-dad has done this recently to make up T-shirts for a boating crew.
This mob were somewhere in the hills.

At 03:38 PM 01/10/2002, Tony wrote:
>On several occaisions I've spoken to Chris at LSWA about a membership card.
>He's keen on it.  I'm keen on it.  Not so much from a discount POV,  I can't
>really think of other benefits from it ..... Still keen on it tho.
>
>The main reasons it hasn't happend.
>         1) No-one else was screaming for it.
>         2) I haven't really had the time to look at it.
>            As the sec./Treas. I kinda figured that it was for me to do.
>         3) Logo or Lack there of.
>         4) There's always been "bigger-n-better" things to do:
>                 a) sort out the membership database ... WIP
>                 b) library
>                 c) installfests ... yes plural
>                 ... the list really just goes on.

[jacqueline] Probably not a good idea to describe the Treasurer/Secretary
job description as such, unless you really do like it really. But I agree
with scribe, delegate ... Perhaps if you were to complete your
Treasure/Secretary to do list then some other paid up member may say "I can
do that". Then said member has the opportunity to knock some items off the
list - perhaps starting with the ones that you don't like ;-P

All the best
Jacqueline
http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/users/zenryaku/