[plug] suse 7.3 prof installation

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 20 20:59:55 WST 2002

Hey up! :)

It spunds like you've been changing a few here and there to me, what have
you been choosing that isn't there by default? Try doing a comletely normal
installation, free of any changes what-so-ever and see if it works. Then do
a custom installation with a few bit added here and there and see if you can
isolate the problem.

I'm not sure what "MTTR" stands for but it may be something to do with an
hardware conflict, if your installation isn't successful when it's free of
modification, can you give us your system specs?

A word of warning about SuSE though, even if you choose UK English at the
start of the installation, you'll still have to choose KDE i18n and look for
the en_GB bit in the custom package section. Overall, I'm rather annoyed at
SuSE's implementation of our language module, it's rather sloppy to say the
least and puts the user out if they want to customise their language options
at all! If that weren't bad enough, they've made their own modifications to
Control Centre that are still in US English and that reflects badly on us! I
emailed them before but they haven't replied. :(

Giz a shout when you've the info, eh?
anarchist tomato
P.S. How come everyone writes "install" instead of "installation" nowadays?
EEWWWW!