[plug] UCC meeting

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Sun Jan 27 22:23:59 WST 2002

At 12:42  27/01/02 , you wrote:
>At long lost the UCC meeting falls on a public holiday meaning I can come
>along. Because I have never been to a UCC meeting I was wondering a couple of
>things:
>
>Can I fork out my subs on the night and become a bone fide PLUGger?

Yep. I think see Tony B-T and demand the obligatory forehead tattoo :) ..
kidding .. but see Tony anyway.

>I'd like to bring my 'puter along but was wondering whether I should just
>bring the box with leads (are there any monitors available?)

There are monitors there and I've been offered and used one before rather
than drag mine up three flights of stairs. Jeez these PLUGers make you work
for your upgrades ..

>  or should I
>bring the whole kit'n'kaboodle? I'd like some tips on moving up to a 2.4.x
>kernel on Debian Woody, something I fouled up drastically when I tried to do
>it myself, and dare not do again without supervision. Is this doable?

Tony's yer man .. if you can drag him away from setting up my take-home
woody mirror :)
There should be Nick's and James' and other notables with the doable
knowables. Be early, it can take a while (166MHz .. i know).

ALSO .. Is anyone going past Mt Hawthorn ? I recall Andrew
<apamment at yahoo.com> could come if he could cadge a lift. Please let him
know if you can assist.

cu
Harry