[plug] OT: Workexperience for tafe networking students (3ppl) on Fridays?

Daniel cottmain at iinet.net.au
Mon Jul 8 17:35:35 WST 2002

Hello All,
just a long shot.  Can anyone suggest where we might find
networking-work-experience in a mixed environment - lest we humble tafe
networking students fall into the boring quagmire of M$.  What skills do we
have?  Personally I think I have a heap left to learn and I've only made a
beginning .... but one of the others has worked in a unix environment
(Oracle) and has displayed pretty good problem solving capabilities. [and the
other one is an Architect retraining, so pretty smart too]

[Tafe require this work experience as part of the completion of the
qualification.  They say it must be in 'the networking area' and they must
approve it.  And the students? I guess they are happy to make a contribution
and just want to be learning something worthwhile from it overall.]

Off list replies gratefully received.
Regards,
Daniel.